Monday, March 12, 2012

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is a meme over at shouldbereading.wordpress.com where we answer a question (on a Monday(!)). Today's question is: What book do you wish you were reading right now? Where would you take it to, if you could go anywhere to read for a while?

Ok, first question first...I am reading Les Miserables right now, and honestly, that is the book I wish I were reading. But, today I have to do traffic studies and pick up the place a bit (I work at home). The plan is to tackle the list and as I tick off items I get to read a certain number of pages as a reward. This system actually works well for me.

Next, is WHERE I would read if I could go anywhere... That is actually a bit tricky. The first thing that sprang to mind is various of my bucket list world-travel locales. But, it would be crazy to go there to read. And, I don't actually like reading at the beach or poolside. I am a readhead so I am not a great sunbather ;) So, I would have to say that my spot would be my Victorian balcony - already in existence - but, alas, no furniture yet. So, my wish would be that it were furnished in white wicker. kind of shabby chic and Victorian to keep the period correct. I need an actual BED out there I think - LOL! The matress can have plastic on it so it does not mildew. But, I need a lot of pillows, some lemonade, relaxing music, all my work done...yep...
(I got this picture from allwickerfurniture.net)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Libby,

    I have never gotten around to reading 'Les Miserables', although I have seen the London stage production of it at least 6 times. As a family it is one of our favourite shows, as you may have guessed and I think it always will be.

    The story, music and quality of the acting and singing, always have the power to move me to tears and the music CD is never far from hand in our house.

    I am between books at the moment and just can't make up my mind what to read next. I really do need to get another couple of reviews finished before I start on anything too consuming, so I guess that will be tonights job.

    I can read just about anywhere, except as a passenger in the car, or on public transport. I don't get motion sickness as a rule, but when my head is lowered to read that upsets my balance and I feel ill instantly.

    I also like it to be quiet when I am reading, so I can't have the TV or radio on in the background. I really like to concentrate on what I am reading.

    I love the look yuo would like your room to have, so clean and full of light. I can just imagine you curled up on the sofa with your book.

    Have a great week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne- Thanks for coming by! I can't read in a car either...its strange how sick it makes a person feel; I don't quite understand it. I just got back from the library - I walked and it rained a bit. But I had the books wrapped in plastic. I got some more from the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I use those as a light reading break when Victor Hugo gets on his soapbox - as he is doing now about the Revolution of 1830. I would recommend those as light reading or the Jan Karon books :)

      Delete
  2. Reading a book, on a Victorian Balcony sounds like perfection to me!!! And Les Miserables is a GREAT BOOK!!! [the musical is now coming to a theater in December...can't wait!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going for sure. Hopefully I will be done with the book by then - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great place to sit and read, but my favorite place is the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That balcony looks like a fabulous place to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Love both your choice of book and place to read! I'm sure that balcony would look fabulous once furnished. :-)

    You've asked me why ‘doomed love’ suits my current mood. Well, it's what it exactly sounds like. I've lost something precious and can't come to terms with it. That's all I can say really.

    ReplyDelete