Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trifextra - 3 Truths and a Lie

Mrs. Jones: Maria just called me and said that she couldn't clean today, but would come tomorrow. She was really upset and I was having trouble understanding what the problem was. But, it was something about her mother-in-law and santeria. I googled 'santeria' and its a mixture of Catholicism and witchcraft! But, that doesn't make any sense. I think I misunderstood her.


Maria: I found two naked Barbie dolls under the trailer, the girl Barbie and the boy one - I forget the name. They were tied up with their backs together. So, you know what that means?! Yea, santeria. My mother-in-law! She is trying to break up me and my husband. Now, I have to clean the whole place with vinegar. I had to call off work. I hate her so much!

Jennifer: Oh my God, I wish my mother was normal. I can't bring anyone over! Plus, she thinks my grandmother is out to put a spell on her or something. My grandmother is a saint!

The Mother-in-Law: I didn't do no santeria! She crazy! I not trying to break her up with my son, just cause she trying to turn him against me and she never let me see my grandchildren. Ever since the beginning, she never show me any respect. No. I not the one, but whoever do it, I happy.


****

I am linking this story up to the Trifextra Challenge at trifectawritingchallenge.com. This weekend's prompt was three truths and a lie!

10 comments:

  1. What a smart take on the prompt! A great 'my-word-against-theirs' story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :). This is actually a true story. I know the people involved. Lol!

      Delete
  2. How are you crazy lady? You have got a wild and wooly mind; LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I made this sh$@ up. I am Mrs. Jones in this story. Maria was my housekeeper. This is 100% true. Lol!

      Delete
  3. This was cool. Love what you did with the four voices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny! I could practically hear the accent on the MIL's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't practice santeria. I ain't got no crystal ball.

    That was hilarious. I loved that the barbies were naked and she couldn't remember Ken's name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a real life story?! :-D Truth is more gripping than fiction, if I may paraphrase. I am intrigued. The MIL is always right. This is a very good take on the prompt, Libby.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful play on what is true and what's a lie. It's all in the perspective.
    Thanks for playing. Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete