Saturday, February 9, 2013

Trifextra: Nabokov Quote


...the eye encountered all sorts of stratagems, such as pale-blue and pink underwear cakewalking on a clothesline, or a lady’s bicycle and a striped cat oddly sharing a rudimentary balcony of cast iron...


Speak, Memory, Vladimir Nabokov

******

I have copied this Nabokov quote so as to participate in the Trifextra Weekend Challenge. This weekend, we are to find a quote of exactly 33 words...

I like this by Nabokov from the end of 'Speak, Memory.' It is serendipitious and fanciful...

18 comments:

  1. love the thought of blue and pink underwear cakewalking on a clothesline :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you sit that cat on the bicycle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - no I found it on the internet and forgot to put the source down and now I don't remember where the $#% I found it!

      Delete
  3. great photo shoot to go with the quote ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks - but see my above reply...

      Delete
  4. I love the picture this passage creates. You picked such lovely words (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. i so wanna read that book.. i read that phrase out loud, it's lovely.. i feel drawn to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shoppy! I love the Russians :)

      Delete
  6. Nabokov! Yay! I'm really enjoying reading all of these. Thanks for linking up with one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, this was a GREAT Trifextra idea!

      Delete
  7. So many description in the one sentence really tells you about the book choice. I think I will check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this three times. Cake walking undies? Yea!!! So much imagery! Love it, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina - glad you liked it! The overall passage is wonderful!

      Delete
  9. Lol-so funny,loved it Libby:-)Great pic to go with it too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Lolita is the only thing I've ever read by Nabokov.
    In all honesty, I had no idea he'd written anything else.

    Great quote!

    ReplyDelete